Monday, March 19, 2007

The Journey Continues…

After my brief sojourn in New York City, I was planning to drive down to Naples, Florida to bring some stuff from my apartment to my sister’s new condo down there. Then I was planning on flying from Florida to Australia to continue my travels. But the exciting new development is that I won’t be doing it alone! :-)

My friend Christine decided she would take a short leave of absence from the same law firm I was last working at, and she will be joining me for the drive to Florida, as well as the trip to Australia, in addition to doing a bunch of stuff on her own for the next few months.

And in order to get ourselves into the proper mindset to really enjoy Australia, we decided to christen our Florida road trip “The East Coast Regression Tour 2007,” stopping by a bunch of amusement parks along the way. Then we will fly from Miami to Melbourne and spend about 5 weeks in Australia, visiting Melbourne, Cairns & the Great Barrier Reef, Darwin and Sydney. To make this all even more serendipitous, we will be meeting up with our friends Stacy and Patty in Cairns, and Elliot and Stephanie in Sydney! I will be flying back to New York on May 3 to attend my cousin Kerri’s wedding in New York and hopefully visiting a few folks in the tri-state area, before flying to Paris on May 14 to stay until my MBA program starts in September. Whew!

In honor of Christine taking a leave of absence and spending some time away from NYC, her friend Sara organized a little going-away party for her at Absolutely Fourth in the village.


Jamie, Sara and Christine at Christine’s going-away party

Unfortunately, I don’t have any more photos from the party, because I was way too busy having a great time hanging with Christine and Sara and catching up with some friends from Wilmer (Sarah & Joanna, Rebecca, Alexis, etc.) and all the other intrepid souls who braved a particularly nasty and blizzardy March night to give Christine a proper send-off!

No comments: