Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day trip to Sete, France

On Saturday, June 2, a bunch of us from the Alliance Francaise took a day trip about 35km west of Montpellier to the small city of Sete. I sort of lead the group on the walking tour of the city, as described in the Michelin guide, but I don't think everyone was entirely happy with me, as the walking tour proved to be miles and miles long and involve hiking up the rather steep Mont St-Clair. Oops. At least we all got our exercise for the day...


View of Sete and the Mediterranean Sea beyond, from the summit of Mont St-Clair


Our motley crew on the summit of Mont St-Clair, representing -- from L to R -- the Czech Republic, Sweden, Italy, Germany, Hong Kong, England and Switzerland. A mini-UN!


View down the steep steps from Mont St-Clair towards the village of Sete.


Dancers in the city center. I assume this was some sort of traditional dance of the region -- which is why I took the photo -- but I didn't stay long enough to find out...


The marina at Sete


Back in Montpellier, that same evening, having a drink at Place Jean Jaures: myself, Antonio (from Italy) and Nicola (from Germany).


Miriam (from Sweden) and me at PopArt in Montpellier the same night.

Next up, Gay Pride in Montpellier!!!

No comments: