Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Strawberry Moon

A really beautiful full moon rose last night over the east side of Manhattan, and I had fabulous view of it from my living room window. (Native Americans apparently called the full moon in June the "Strawberry Moon" in honor of the coincident strawberry harvest season.) In the picture, you can also see the new Bloomberg building in the lower right; I've decided I really like this new addition to the skyline, especially because of its highly reflective exterior. (It's kinda cool to look out at sunset and see all the flamey red colors of the western sky reflected by the Bloomberg building against the twilighty blue eastern sky.)

I'm in the midst of painting my apartment this weekend so I can get it on the market and hopefully have an open house by the end of the month. I'm really, really going to miss the view from my apartment window. Here's another picture I took from my living room window yesterday afternoon. (I guess the vertical shadow lines are the result of taking a picture through the window screen.)

No comments: