Monday, February 12, 2007

A bit more Pipa...

Okay! So I've been a little deliquent on the ol' bloggy! Sorry about that. Let's get up to speed, shall we?

I was in Praia da Pipa with my peeps from February 8 to 12. After all the anxious anticipation before--and massive relief after--receiving the good news from HEC Paris, I settled into a few days of chilling by the shore.

Above you can see me at a pizza place obviously right on the beach. (You might need to click on the pic for a bigger version, just to see how blue my eyes are!) Below are some more shots of Pipa. I think they make it quite clear why I'm hiding out down here while all you guys are battling snowstorms in the Northeast. ;-)

By the way, props go out to Tiffany, who took some of these beach pics. ;-)



Pics of Praia da Pipa

Here's the Fab Four getting ready to dig into some Pipa pasta. That's Tiffany on the left, and Sandrine and Michael (remember them from Fortaleza?) on either side of me. Gosh, we're an attractive bunch!

Here we are in front of our Pripa pousada, the Pousada Praiana. I'm so glad my footwear doesn't stand out whatsoever...

While in Pipa, Sandrine, Michael and I mounted up and galloped across some dunes. (By "gallop," I obviously mean a painfully slow -- and bouncy -- trot.) Here is Michael swirling his cap dramatically in the air over his head. What you can't tell from the pic, however, is that his horse is practically standing still. Yee-ha, baby!

Here's the view from the driver's seat. Followed up by a video.




Last glimpse of Pipa from the bus as I head off for Recife. *sniff*

No comments: