Friday, February 02, 2007

São Paulo Walking Tour (Part III)


Solar da Marquesa, the last remaining residential structure in São Paulo from the 18th century.

Praça Patío do Colégio. The statue and column at right mark the site where the city of São Paulo was founded in 1554.


Street market.


Monumento a Mae Preta (Monument to the Black Mother), depicting an African slave woman nursing a white child, while her own children must go hungry. :-(


Intersection of Av Sao Joao and Av Ipiranga, considered the most famous in all of São Paulo, but I couldn´t figure out why...


São Paulo Metro
Also, during my last weeknd in São Paulo, Luis paid me a visit. Luis and I had been carrying on a torrid online love affair for over a month, and so it was nice to meet up in person. We had a great time walking around the city, doing some shopping, checking out some new neighborhoods I had not gotten a chance to explore on my own, etc. Luis was totally sweet and adorable, but unfortunately I won´t be able to see him again on this trip, and so I guess we will have to see whether our paths ever cross again. (*sigh*)


Me & Luis in Bela Vista, the Italian neighborhood.


Me & Luis in front of Spot Restaurant (São Paulo´s answer to Chelsea´s "Cafeteria")


Me & Luis
Next up, Fortaleza!

No comments: