Friday, February 02, 2007

São Paulo Walking Tour

Well, I survived my two interviews, and now it’s just a matter of waiting and hoping for the best. Here I am in my new suit – hopefully I cleaned up okay:



After ambling about aimlessly for several days, I finally set out with a guidebook to do a proper walking tour of the historic center of the city.


Edifício Itália (Italy building) – one of the tallest buildings in the city. Over 5 million Paulistanos are of Italian ancestry.


Ladeira da Memória (Memory Hill). In the foreground you can see the base of the Piramide dos Piques, and in the background is a fountain where the city and cattle dealers were supplied with water. It’s now dry and these kids are using it as a soccer field instead.


The requisite street fight. Since all the shouting was in Portuguese, I have no idea what it was all about, but it went on for some time and was pretty vicious, actually.


Teatro Municipal. This baroque building is the pride of the city.

Me in front of the Teatro Municipal.


Steps down to Praça Ramos, with the Teatro Municipal in the background.


Me in front of the fountain in Praça Ramos.


Drama Queen in Praça Ramos.

No comments: