Thursday, May 03, 2007

Final Days in Australia

I'm sure gonna miss Australia -- not least of which because of signs like this:



On May 1, the "Fab 5" made a day trip via ferry to Manly Beach. It was awesome, and the weather was gorgeous just like us.


Me, Christine, Steph, Elliot and Jay on the JetCat Ferry en route to Manly.


View of the Sydney Harbor Bridge from the ferry. I love this photo because Elliot and Jay are engaged in synchronized photo-taking, and judging from the foreground, Christine and I must be as well...


Can't get enough pics of the Sydney Opera House, right? This one's from the ferry...


View of Manly Beach


Christine on Manly Beach


Elliot, me, Steph and Jay on the boardwalk heading to Shelley Beach

Christine and me at the Hero of Waterloo, an Irish pub with great live music and lotsa friendly folks.





The day after our Manly outing, Christine and I explored "The Rocks" a little bit, then finally walked over the Harbour Bridge.



Christine and me crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge

View of the north shore ("Kirribilli") from the bridge.

View of the south shore (Opera House) from the bridge.

Me and Christine in Milson's Point on the north shore just after walking across the bridge (behind us in the photo, obviously).

All in all, I had a fabulous time on my first visit to this wacky continent/country. Especially after having traveled solo for so much of my South America trip, I really appreciated being able to share so many experiences in Oz with Christine (obviously) as well as Stacy, Patty, Elliot, Steph and Jay! It was so awesome that we could all be there at the same time!


View of the sunset out my airplane window on my way back to the US from Sydney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob you did an amazing job blogging your OZ experience. With a bit of photoshop I will finally have the Aussie trip blog I was too lazy to create.

Welcome home!

Ed