Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Galapagos Day 4: SCUBA Diving near Punta Cormorant, continued even more!


Trumpetfish


Some type of moray/snake type of thing.




This was an extraordinarily friendly Bullseye Pufferfish. I was just hanging out, minding my own business, fiddling with my camera, when I looked over my shoulder and saw this guy swimming over towards me quite deliberately. I held my hand out and he actually landed right in my glove. Then I took this photo of him.


After I took the photo of the Pufferfish, I swam away to rejoin my fellow divers. I turned to glance around, and the little guy was hustling to try to catch up with me! Then I took this video of him (he didn't quite land in my hand this time, but came close!), and I am not sure whether you can hear it or not, but he actually headbuts my camera. Then he swims away for a second, turns right around and comes back! He really wouldn't leave me alone. It was kind of cute, in a stalkerish sort of way...


A couple of sting rays on the ocean floor (these things are pretty big -- about 5 feet across!)


Me with a Stingray (there it is on the lower left, near my foot, but quite a bit behind me -- I was a little skittish after hearing what happened to Steve Irwin.)


Manta Ray

No comments: