Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Galapagos Day 4: SCUBA Diving near Enderby Islet (continued)


Manta Ray swimming above me


This was totally crazy. When I was swimming along at about 90 feet below the surface, I saw this huge dark shadow above me, which I assumed was a boat. Then, as I came up a bit, I realized whatever it was was actually in the water, so then I thought it must be some mythologically huge whale shark or something. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was an incredbily dense and stationary school of fish. Salemas, to be exact. Maybe they do that to throw off predators, who might think that there's a gigantic creature in the water...


School of Salemas


Hogfish with part of the school of Salemas in background


Galapagos Shark (why does this photo look so fake? it's not -- I swear!)


Galapagos Sharks


Barberfish


I really like this shot looking up at the other divers with all the layers of different fish between me and the surface. Kinda cool, dontcha think?


Eagle Rays

No comments: